The story of Wistaston Hall goes back to the 12th century. The present house was built in the early 17th Century and is one of Cheshire's historic buildings with many local associations. It was acquired by the Oblate Congregation in 1943.
The Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate was founded in France by St Eugene DeMazenod. We see Wistaston Hall as a centre
for Adult Faith Development. This purpose is promoted through the provision of a resource for Retreats and Conferences. As well as being a resource for the ministry of our own Congregation, we are
happy to share this facility with other groups, lay and religious, who seek to promote the life of faith. We also welcome groups from other denominations and
In 2003/4 Wistaston Hall underwent a major reconstruction and renovation programme, making it one of the most modern and comfortable Retreat Centres in the country. The original Hall has retained many of its historic features. To these have been added new bedrooms, conference and dining facilities, tastefully linking the old with the new. Peaceful gardens and scenic walks surround the house, which is conveniently situated close to the towns of Crewe, historic Nantwich and local amenities. The beautiful Cheshire plain is within a short traveling distance with its many walks and other attractions.